Sunday, March 2, 2008

Shrine of Remembrance



Last Saturday (23/02/2008), it was my fifth day in Melbourne. I was windy, but not as cool as these few days. Aunty Yap and Aunty Jenny Yau came to my graduate house to visit me. It is good to meet them again, as it has been a while I last meet up with them in chanting session back home. Aunty Jenny Yau is also a photographic lover, and she took many shot of the place I stayed. And most importantly, she told me that she has a mission from my mom, which is to take photo as evidence to proof that I am not fooling around in Melbourne. (In pic: Left Aunty Jenny Yau, Right: Aunty Yap, but both of them looks like the sister in red)


Together, we went to Victoria Market to wonder around, and obviously as a fresh guy in town, I cannot resist myself to compare our daily Pasar (n. Malay, Wet Market) with their Market. So excitingly comparing, until I forgot to take out my camera to take some shots for the famous Victoria Market in Melbourne. And I shall do it during my next visit.


After spending some time in Victoria Market, we went to Soka Gakkai Kaikan in Melbourne for an activity.

Later in the afternoon, we went to the Shrine of Remembrance. After visiting that place, I still don’t know much in depth about that place, so I shall just quote the tourist map explanation for your understanding oh Shrine of Remembrance. “The Shrine of Remembrance is Victoria’s memorial to the men and women who have serve Australia in armed conflicts and peacekeeping operations throughout our nation’s history.”. So in other words, it shall be like Malaysia’s Tugu Negara, but with a bigger building and some cliché building design, such as the ray of sunlight shining on the stone on 11.00am and etc.













For me, this is just another sculpture to remember the one who made supreme sacrifice.












Big building for remembrance.
































A big red cross, if you see closer, you will find 3 person in the red cross.






























A good shot of skyline in Melbourne



















The guard is having nice time chatting with the girls. And interestingly, I saw there was a sign there like that. I am wondering whether the guard is giving them some good tips how to roll (emphasize on this point, ROLL home, not walk back home)......

0 comments: