Saturday, March 15, 2008

I am physically challenged!!!!

It has been a warm week in Melbourne, and today is quite hot.

Struggling with the warm weather it is very physically demanding. You think Malaysia is hot, I used to think that too. But it seem like the heat wave in Australia is worse. Let me reason it out for your discussion: -

I have heard before that people die from the heat wave in Australia... But I never ever heard of people staying in Malaysia die because of the heat in Malaysia.

As I am not in my comfortable home in Malaysia, there are many challenges ahead that i need to overcome. I need to do my human revolution. The biggest challenge is my work is physically demanding work. Maybe I am still new in this science and research business, but it is not easy at all. Running around from one corner to another corner, and yet need to do my experiment, and then at night need to do reading and writting. The most amazing part is that you see all your peers in the lab will still keep their engine moving from 8.30 am to 6pm, and write at home, make me really feel like I am incompetent at all. In fact, I am the one who choose to come here, so I shall take the challenge to overcome this situation.

In the morning, I could be super energetic and determine to carry out all the task. Everyday, in front of the mirror, I tell myself today it is a good day to work and make breakthrough result. haha.... good attitute huh..... Just like a full blown balloon.




























But by mid day... i become lau kui, (n. Hokkien, tired, flaccid) and can't event think properly. Just like a flatten balloon.


































When I think back, it could be my fundamental darkness, where I am used to be too relaxing from the place I come from. And I remember from Grey Johns lecture last week, he told us that getting a benefit from chanting Nam myo ho reng ge kyo is not the end, but it is just a beginning. It is a beginning as we have the chance to do human revolution. For example: A person chanted for getting a good job, and eventually he got it. And he happily goes to work everyday, but then found out that the job is actually very complicated and full of difficult task. Then he stated blaming of his job, also started thinking why did he prayed for this job. In which this person didn't do make full use of his chance at all.
















Grey Johns shared with us that once we got the benefit is a point that we have larger responsibility to maintain the benefit by transforming ourself to be a better person. The real benefit is the inconspicuous benefit where our character has transformed, and to convert our karma. Then this will only lead to have greater benefit, greater responsibility and larger form of character building and karma conversion.

For my example, I did my prayers with 3 person prayer objective in the past whole year, which are:
1) Get the best supervisor for my PhD
2) Get the best university
3) Get the best scholarship

In fact, I have everything I prayed for, meeting with Prof Tan, get into Melbourne University and of course not forgetting to mention that super prestigious JPA scholarship. So now the responsible is on my shoulder, and I have to march with vibrant pace, to ensure that my responsibility is fulfilled.

There is a reason for me to be able to come to Australia safely and without financial worries. I belief that the mission behind is not only to work in my Neuroscience PhD, but it is a chance for me to able to do worldwide kosenrofu (n. Japanese. World peace mission) with Ikeda Sensei and to grow in my faith.

How to change a character, I might ask all the time. And I found this guidance is quite useful. and I would like to quote Ikeda Sensei word:
" The human spirit is the strongest force there is. As long as our spirit remains unbroken, there is no defeat. In life, spiritual defeat always precedes actual defeat. Guard against laziness, cowardice, carelessness, impatience, resignation and despair which corrode the human spirit and sow the seeds of defeat."

Let strife our life with our full passion and compassion.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

WEWE, its a very inspiring blog entry!!! I went to the prayer's meeting yesterday and the vice president said the daimoku is invincible! I truly believe tat coz i saw it on u!! work hard!! i ll keep chanting too.