Sunday, March 9, 2008

Antibody and Antigen

I remember when I come across with topic related about antibody, it was usually drawn as Y-shape. How come all antibody is figured as Y-shape?

This is because antibody are structured with 2 subunits (Heavy chains, and light chain)

I shall link a typical antibody structure (from wikipedia):



























And now, I have some atypical antibody photo to show you (modified from google map satelite photo):















It was a wonderful thougt to have the "antibody"-architectured Medical faculty building. And apperantly, my research lab (Howard Florey Institute) is the "antigen" of the antibody.


















And my hostel is just close by to my research institute, which is good, because I could work till late night and still be able to walk back to my hostel easily and have enough rest.

0 comments: