Friday, March 21, 2008

Lab pigs....

For such a long time, I wanted to write something about my lab. But I didn't really have the time to take photo. Today is Easter holiday and my lab will be having break from today onward until Tuesday. Since I am a kiam siap guy, and I don't really want to spend to have a vacation to Great Ocean Road or Philip Island, I am contented to stay in my hostel and do some lab work.

I wanted to call myself a Lab Rat, but I don't think that it suits me..... So I will call myself a Lab Pig. Haha... Born in the year of Pig.

Today, I brought my camera along to capture some bacteria plate picture, and finally have a chance to take some nice photo about my lab. hehe.. it is a wonderful lab, and I enjoy working in this lab.
















I shall start with this building. This is the Alan Gilbert Building. My lab is not in this building, but some of the administrators and professors are sitting in this building. The Centre of Neuroscience is in this building as well. I have to come to this building once a week to have combined lab meeting. It is fun and very useful to listen the progress every week.

Then now I shall show you another building, which is the lab building. The institute name is Howard Florey Institute. It is named after Sir Howard Florey, who was the Nobel Prize Laureate for his contribution of spreading the research and development of penicillin. Aussies text book will say he is the person who discovered of penicillin, well, I would suggest otherwise that he is just the one discovered ways of using penicillin hehe.






























To enter this building, I have to use a passcard. It is quite easy to use and very convenient. However, there are times where I forgot the bring my passcard, and it really is a pain to get into this building during those time.















My lab is quite big area, and more often, it is like a war zone for us to work. However, today no one is working, then I manage to sneak in and take some nice photo to show you guy, without my peers hehe.









































































Yeah, this is my lab space.. I quickly tidy it so that it looks neat. But Eng Tat will sure laugh and tell you guys that my working habit is totally not neat at all. I work in random and inspirationally guided. If I think of some experiment that I want to tryout, immediately I will start preparing my work. Haha, messy bench is a good place to start because I can find almost everything that i need on my bench.


















Here I am with my sterile gown preparing for my cell culture procedure.















And my lovely office space for me to do some literature search and writting. Haha, but most of the time I am just browsing the internet without doing much.

2 comments:

catcha said...

Well, at least your lab looks a lot better than mine hehehe... good luck with your research!

Y0n6z said...

eh..damn NEAT weh ur lab...NOT!!! Hahaha. Gee man everythings all over the place! A real War zone =P