Saturday, March 8, 2008

Chong Hwa friend in Melbourne

Meeting old friends or home town friend in a foreign country is always delighting. because you will feel a sudden warmth with that person who speak your language, or just happen to know you long enough, make you feel really comfortable with it.

I meet with Shiang Wei (my Chong Hwa classmate, and also studying in Monash for IT) last weekend (sorry guys, I know my blogging speed is way too slow, just bear with it). I invited Shiang Wei to visit my campus, and then have lunch together.

So we just walk around the campus, and I just grab this chance to take more photo of those unexplored places.

















This piece of model seem like an orbit to electron......., maybe my guess is true as this structure is located just beside the Old Physics building.









































The building in University of Melbourne is not standardize, there are some old building, and also a mixture of new building. These are some classical design of an old building.

And then we went further up to the sports arena.























































There are so many arena for sport, every weekday it is crowded. But since it was a weekend when we went there to explore, it seem empty.

The swimming pool is just few lane and you need to book the lane if you want to use it.

After our walk in the campus, I suggested to have lunch near the campus. And the best part of that restaurant is it is a Malaysian cuisine restaurant. What is a probability of meeting a Malaysian friend in Melbourne and having Malaysian food together? I guess it is quite rare to be honest.


















Walking into that Nasi Lemak House, it seem nostalgic with the aura of the restaurant. Everything seem so "Malaysian". The food looks like food back home, the customers in the restaurant seem like the people back home, the tauke's (n. hokkien, boss) constipated look, and even how the tauke treat the employee also feels like back home...... haha...

This story start when I ordered my nasi lemak, and tauke seem like any normal malaysian food stall owner face... and not even joyful for me buying her nasi lemak.. Maybe she had a bad weekend. And so Shiang Wei and me just wait for our nasi lemak, and keep talking to each other.

In a sudden, the tauke shouted:" How many time have I teach you to do this way, you still make mistake after so many months. Next time, if you make the same mistake again, I will deduct 5 dollars from your salary each time you make the same mistake"

Well, again, it really sounds like Malaysian tauke style,
it really looks like Malaysian tauke style,
But I am not sure whether she is Malaysia-styled Australian tauke or Australian styled Malaysian tauke... (haha.. please compare and contrast)

The fact is she is in Australia, and yet still inherited, and continue using the Malaysian way of doing business. Well done, Syabas, MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!! (especially tomorrow is the polling date for Malaysia)

Finally, after my long waited nasi lemak, I start to enjoy my first Malaysian cuisine in Melbourne.


















It looks nice, and really delicious. But the bad thing of this nasi lemak is the price of this nasi lemak is equivalent to approximately 20 bungkus of nasi lemak (those brown packed, 1.50 riggit / bungkus type of nasi lemak). It cost 9 dollars...... Anyway, I just have to treat the nasi lemak as gold plated rice and not to waste even a single rice.

Finally, we just took a photo as mementos.



2 comments:

Cheesilus chocolatum said...

Is peanut in australia all bigger than malaysia ones? they look really big ler! like the size of the long red bean u get at the salad corner in pizza hut, haha! XD

Tim Mak said...

oh.. that nasi lemak place is still there? haha.. i think in melbourne, that's the best nasi lemak I can ever find.

Yummy food you can find. Take care, dude.