Friday, April 18, 2008

DOOLAN!!!!!! The aussie way......

It is such a fine Friday afternoon, and my colleague suggested to go for a lunch at Prince Alfred restaurant. It is a good lunch with my colleagues, as get to talk more with them together and we had fun. It is especially timely, because I could use this lunch to celebrate my experiment finally working for me this week. Repeated my experiment for quite a while since last week.....

As usual, being a kiam siap eng chun (n. a place in hokkien province) kia (n. Kid) (the kiam siap-ness it is in my hokkien genes, i couldn't help it), I am so used to order hot water and not interested with any other drinks, while all my colleagues ordered beers or sodas. And Putz ( He is a german post doc, and he is a very cute person) immediately spot my hot water, and keep on asking whether I like hot water very much or just it is because it is free...... Haha... of course I have to say I love hot water, as my dad drinks a lot of hot water too... as it is so healthy to drink non-alcoholic and non-gassy drinks. But deep in my heart... huahuahua.... you know my eng chun clan well, then you will justify my action the other way.

Well, when I was eating my lunch (i ordered vegetarian burger), I saw a lorry which passes by the street. I couldn't help myself to stay put on my chair. I quickly stood up and briefly told my colleague and supervisor that I saw a special car, and I really need to take a photo of that lorry. Without waiting for their respond, I ran to the lorry, and took a nice shot with my hp camera.



















I am so proud to say that I am a hokkien eng chun, and I am also proud to see the aussie enjoy using hokkien words for their BRANDING and MARKETING......

Haha.... so after I finish taking the photo, I shared it with my colleague. "what is so special of that truck" they asked. And I reply:" it is actually a hokkien dialect vulgar world to swear if you are piss off." And I hinted that my big boss Prof Tan should know what it means haha.....

I wonder the owner of the truck is hokkien also? He better is not a hokkien, or else the slogan of the truck 'A gentle mover......' will sound so SARCASTIC.



















To all my colleagues: "Use DOOLAN at your own risk. I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for any of your words coming our from your mouth!!!"

0 comments: