Friday, April 4, 2008

Band of brothers

I remember Yong lent me a very nice DVD video series, known as "Band of Brothers" I love it so much. Not because I am a big fan of shooting / war / violence, but I always respect how these guys have trust on each other and become very good heng dai (兄弟)




















I always image the SDS-PAGE of proteins as Bands of Brothers















































(Picture linked from: http://protocols.nature.com/image/show/183)

This is because all protein are from the same cell, and it form bands on the gel due to separation of different sizes. And it is all these wonderful proteins in the cells that does everything that occur in the cells, and they have to support to maintain each and every protein in the cell to maintain stability.

0 comments: