Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chinese Special Event......

Lately, it has been a sensitive period for China with their policy with Tibet. I had heard some of the story behind, conspiracy theory etc etc, and I am not really interested with it haha. But when you see a bunch of Chinese gathering, you don't really want to mess with them.

Couple of weeks ago, they had a protest for Tibet independence, and the whole of Swanston street was flooded with Chinese people around in Melbourne. I am not a crowd lover, so whenever I see there is a lot of people, I better siam ji peng (n. Hokkien dialect, dodge away).

Yesterday, when I was on my way to SGI Kaikan, I passed by Federation square... and I saw a big crowd of chinese guy again.... thinking that they are protesting for Tibet independence. But I also saw there is a few lion dance and dragon dance. Thinking to myself, hrm.... it seem like because of the olympic, those chinese are more cultured for many things, including the way they protest

Haha.. but when i move forward and have a look, I might be wrong. They might still be as fanatic as before, but this cultural scenario is just because they are celebrating the last 100 days before Beijing Olympic.
















It is a cloudy day.. and they are so happily waving their beijing olympic logo.















It has been a while for me to see a dragon dance, probably since Chinese new year. Feeling like home when meet cultural event like this.















However, I must admit that a successful Olympic game in Beijing is a proud moment for every chinese in the world, no matter where you are born.

Good luck Beijing 2008!!!

1 comments:

Loh Poh Keng said...

Your blog is more and more enriched
now.Keep up the good work!

Pn.Loh