Monday, February 25, 2008

Night walk in Melbourne City

Back in a few days time, I went to have a walk with my new friends to the city during the evening. From . The route that i use was identified on the map. It is cooling to walk here, as you will not get sweat all over your body easily. It is convenient to go anywhere just by walking, because the road sign is so well labelled, and most of all, the all the places is so new to me......, and it makes me excited to take some shots at it.

Well, this time, less talking and let you enjoy some of the shots I took.



I started off in front of my hostel (Graduate House), and the first picture i took was the Alan Gilbert Building. It is part of my institute where my big boss Prof. Tan Seong Seng office is. However, my lab is not in this building. This building is mainly for office work, seminars, lab meeting etc etc. The design is nice, and it is not symmetrical at all. I wonder is there any reason for putting those curve glass design on building? My wild guess might just be to maximize the sunlight usage for the office. Maybe you can comment on that.


As I continued my journey, I saw some nice clouds. This photo is like a feather of an angel. Arggh.... I am brain washed too much by University of Melbourne already. Hehe.. If you can search University of Melbourne website, you will definitely know why it keep reminding me of the angel.







This shot looks like a fire behind the houses.














And this one just feels like a patch of cottons peeling off from the building.

And yes, Choo Peng say I am very "lou tou" (n. Cantonese, old fashion, square thinking person) as i still draw shapes with fingers haha. I guess it is true to a certain extend, especially when come to spending unnecessary money, I can be damn "kiam siap" (n. Hokkien, a stingy).










Then this is just a sculpture, where there 'person' pointing upwards. And I think he is trying to say:"help me!! help me!! the crane up there seem unstable and falling on my head!!"
















Night life in Melbourne city can be exciting, but I don't think I will spend much of my night time in the city any time soon...... Too many reading material and journals lining up for me to read. the most I will just go for my buddhist society meeting near by.


































When i passed by the Melbourne city library, there was a piece of the library sinking into the ground. And there are no tunnel to go to that library, so those civil engineers who might want to tender a project in Melbourne, please send your proposal to the Melbourne City Municipal Hall ASAP. Help is needed haha.








Last but not least, there is a fountain in the park behind my hostel. It will be a nice place if the fountain is tuned with nice music and changing colour with the tune. Yet, it is just a nice cooling fountain.

3 comments:

Cheesilus chocolatum said...

Ow....the night scenery in melbourne is really very nice!i feel so tempted to pay u a visit one day!remember to try out everything in melbourne so that u wont have any regrets the moment u leave melbourne after completion of ur PhD~!enjoy~ all the best~

sttudent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sttudent said...

Do you know your big boss Seong well ?