Saturday, July 19, 2008

The end, will be another journey's beginning

Today I had received a shocking news, about my student in Monash. He decided to terminate his life, due to unknown reason.

I am quite close to him, as he was in my lab when I was a demonstrator in Monash. He was a good student and very cheerful person. I enjoyed talking to him. Here and here for the story.

Just earlier before I receive this shocking news, I had a realization of the wonder of life.

As there was a talk given in my institute, talking about gene, circuit and movement. I was amazed how complex our body works, and to walk properly, it took so many circuit to coordinate flawlessly. In our body, there are about 30,000 genes. Through the developmental process from embryo to a baby, all these genes must work in a synchronized patten only can form a wonderful person like you. Then these 30,000 genes must coordinate and then to maintain their function when you are growing or alive. So it must be a miracle when you are still a life, while the probability of all these 30,000 gene to work completely fine is (1/2)^30,000. (This is still without counting the time for every second). So being alife is really wonderful, and getting every neuron circuits work nicely is also wonderful.

However, there are too many people who doesn't realize this, and thought the whole world owe them all. Life if too short to begrudge, and we must life a happy life. See only the best in you and in others, and never give up to be happy.

My dearest student, Nick, Hope your life goes back to the universe and rest in peace.

I wish I could have more dialogue with you, so that I could carry your burden together with you, give you hope and courage. The end of your life, is another journey's beginning.

I will sincerely chant for you to so that you will have compassion, courage and wisdom in your life no matter where you go or reborn.

Nam myoho renge kyo, Nam myoho renge kyo, Nam myoho renge kyo.

0 comments: